Friday, July 18, 2008

At first I was afraid, I was petrified...

I had my first acupuncture appointment today, and it wasn't scary. My ribs were a little tender to start with after PT the day before (physical manipulation and ice). Putting the needles in didn't hurt--except for two that pinched a little extra. I didn't even mind the ones he put in my ears. My ears! The weirdest part was when the doctor hooked what looked like a miniature car battery up to little leads that connected to some of the needles. The sensation of the electricity was odd, but not uncomfortable.

My pain is returning this afternoon, but so far I haven't had any extreme episodes. I'll be going to PT and acupuncture both two times a week (4 appointments per week is going to suck down my leave balance quickly!) so I'll be interested to observe if and how the pain diminishes over the next few weeks.

On an unrelated, but very happy note, I heard this week that Dan's deployment will be coming to an end soon and he'll be returning to Gulfport within the month! I'm hoping he'll have an opportunity to swing by Colorado if he gets any post-deployment leave. I'd love to see him!

No comments: