Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Things I've Learned Along the Way--More Books

There are two books that I forgot to add to the last post. And it's funny that I did because one of them was the whole reason I wanted to write the post in the first place!

  • The Milk Memos: This book is a compilation of notebooks that some ladies at IBM in Boulder kept in their lactation room. It's full of advice about nursing and pumping. If you're like me, and end up pumping a couple of times a day from work, you're likely conflicted about at least some, if not many, aspects of being a working mother of a new baby. This book is like an old friend who has been down the road before. Full of advice and comfort. I highly recommend that any pumping mom keep a copy of this in her pump bag and pull it out to read frequently during those lonely at-work pumping sessions.
  • Sleep is for the Weak: This book is a compilation of humerous and touching blog posts from a variety of "mommy bloggers". I hate the term, but I love the book! Again, a good one to have in the pump bag. And since it's broken into short blog posts instead of long chapters, its easy to read in small bits. Like the three minutes of quiet before the baby realizes that she's laying alone in the Pack-and-Play and NOBODY IS PAYING ATTENTION TO HER!

No comments: