Friday, January 9, 2009

Things I love

On a nearly daily basis over the past month, I've thought to myself that I should get on the ball and post some updates here. But then every day, life takes over and I don't get around to it. Today I read a post on A Little Pregnant that summed up my dilemma well.

I had a moment of utter gratitude this morning that my life has turned out the way it has. So I thought it would be a good exercise this morning to make a list of things that I love.

-Most obviously---my family. JMT, Emma, our parents and siblings, and our friends. I am blessed to be surrounded by so many amazing people who love me and who I love.
-Those moments where Emma is standing in my lap, looking over my shoulder at something thoroughly fascinating, and then her knees buckle and she's just a tiny pile of baby in my lap looking up at me like "What just happened?" (yes, I'm supporting her weight with my hands under her arms--no worries)
-My new mac. I'm typing on it now. It makes me happy.
-Emma's bouncy chair. G-d only knows why it makes her so happy. But anything that makes her that happy (and quiet) makes me happy. Very happy.
-Wearing yoga pants on maternity leave. My jeans fit (about which I'm very happy too) but there's nothing as cozy and versatile as these yoga pants! And I got the ones that are made for "tall" people, so they're actually long enough and don't look like ill fitting high water pants.
-The movie WALL-E. JMT and I watched it last night. It was precious. As far as animated movies go, it's one that I won't mind hearing a thousand times from the backseat of the car when Emma is at that stage.
-Emma's gummy smiles. At first I fell into the "It's just gas" camp when it came to Emma's smiles, but now she smiles with her whole self, and you can tell that she really means it. If you could only see her eyes during one of her smiles, you'd know she was truly happy.

There are a thousand other things I could mention in this post. But right now something else that I love just happened. Emma just fell asleep! I'm going to take the opportunity to take a short nap. But before I do---I'll pose this challenge. Whether it's in print, a comment to this post, or just in your head, take a few minutes today to think of a few things that you love too. And then take a nap.

No comments: